Hey-hey, this is our first announcement in 2023, and we are happy to share some of the most recent fixes and improvements.
If you have any questions or ideas on how Salestio can fulfill your business needs best, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help.
Support Shopify products without SKUs
Previously, Salestio required SKUs added to product and variation pages in Shopify to successfully work with the products. Since not all sellers use SKUs for their products, it caused a bit of additional work for them to add SKUs.
Now, Salestio supports Shopify products even if no SKUs exist on the product and variation pages. In this case, Salestio will use a variation page id instead of an SKU.
Note! Salestio can work correctly if an SKU field is empty in Shopify, or if SKUs are unique. For now, we do not have the ability to skip SKUs if they are duplicated. So, it is either unique or empty.
Create Shopify orders by matching titles
A similar issue was about the creation of Amazon, eBay, or Etsy orders in Shopify. Salestio imported such orders but if the product SKU from the order did not exist in Shopify, Salestio was not able to create the orders in Shopify.
With this improvement, if an SKU from the order does not exist in Shopify, Salestio also tries to locate the needed product by matching product titles. If the product was located by matching the title, the corresponding message will appear on the order details in Salestio.
FAQ page in Salestio
We added the page with the most frequent pages to our support team to the app interface. If you need any help using the app or wondering how this or that feature works, you can always check it on this page.
Here you can also find useful redirects to Salestio help articles and tutorials as well as the link to schedule a call with us.
You can access the page from the app menu in Shopify, or from the Salestio navigation.
Most of the recent improvements relate to our eBay integration.
- Add the ability to disable or delete links when sending products to eBay. eBay has limits on adding links to the Product description when listing products. Salestio takes the data from Shopify. Previously, you needed to remove the link from the Shopify product description so that it is not sent to eBay. With this improvement, Salestio no longer sends the link, just the text.
- Allow adding Color and Size variations from the variations instead of from the Item Specifics in the mapping. Depending on the eBay category, colors and sizes are required. They can be added in the Item Specifics in the Creation Profile. With this improvement, you can select any color or size. If there are variations in color and sizes on product pages, so the actual data will be taken from variations.
- Skip adding variation options to the variation labels when creating listings on eBay. With this improvement, only the actual label is sent to eBay. It no longer shows the option name.
- Add the "Cut title" field to the Creation Profile for eBay and Etsy. eBay and Etsy have limits on how many characters can be added to the title. You can choose to trim the title from Shopify products so that only the allowed number of characters is sent.
- eBay: Add postal code to eBay profile. Depending on the shipping policy, eBay requires the postal code added. With this improvement, you can add the postal code to the eBay profile.
- Make Payment Policy value optional on the add Selling List form. In some cases, eBay allows skipping the Payment policy when Selling products. So, the Payment policy field is no longer required when you create the Selling List.
- Switch eBay account auth flow to the most secure and modern way. This is required to add support to Inventory API to be able to revise quantities and prices for products created with old eBay app.
- eBay Order Tax is not calculated correctly
- The fulfillment is not sent from Shopify to Etsy
- The metafields are incorrectly displayed in the Description template
- Fulfillment status is not sent to Amazon
- Metafields failed to update from Shopify
- Etsy: coupon amount is not removed from the total price on imported Etsy orders
Round eBay price to x.95 (custom request)
Salestio has multiple options for adding price rules when sending products to Amazon and eBay. You can use simple settings like in the Global profile as well as add complex rules in the Price template that we introduced recently.
Even these options might be not enough for your specific business needs.
Recently, one of Salestio's users contact us with the request to give the ability to round the price on eBay to x.95. As a result, added it for his Salestio installation.
If you would like to use any feature like this for your store, please let us know, and we will add it for you. If we have a lot of requests like this, we might even add this functionality to the app UI.
What's In Progress
- Adding support to Inventory API for eBay is one of our top priorities at the moment. Deprecated Shopify eBay app used Inventory API to list products on eBay. After it was disconnected, many users started looking for alternatives. To revise QTY and price for these eBay listings, the app should be able to work with this type of API. So, we are working on adding the support of it.
- We keep working on Etsy integration. Specifically, on the Catalog export part. Some of the tasks within Etsy integration have already been completed. For now, it is possible to create listings on Etsy but only if the products do not have options. If you would like to try this feature, please contact us, and we will assist.
As a Shopify store owner, I would like to expand my sales to Etsy. Can you add this integration to Salestio?